Monthly Preventionist Huddle
An event every month that begins at 1:30 pm on day Second of the month, repeating until May 18, 2023
Monthly Preventionist Huddle
Connect with others in the prevention field in an informal, meaningful atmosphere!
Hosted by Women’s Advocates
When: Every second Wednesday of every month from 1:30-2:30pm CENTRAL U.S. TIME
[2022 Dates: May 11th, June 8th, July 13th, August 10th, September 14th, October 12th, November 9th, December 14th]
Where: Zoom with the same meeting link: https://tinyurl.com/WAMonthlyConnect
No registration required. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to receive a recurring calendar invite.
*Please note that all events are listed in CENTRAL U.S. time (CST/CDT), please enter your city here to confirm the correct time for your time zone: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com/
Why would I decide to attend this meeting?
- I am looking to network with other professionals in the field of (domestic and/or sexual) violence prevention in an informal yet meaningful way
- I am curious about what other organizations are doing for prevention work and how they are navigating specific situations and topics
- I want to share exciting news, professional opportunities, or discuss challenges with other people who understand prevention work
How do I join this group?
- No registration is required, add this meeting to your calendar with this Recurring Zoom Meeting Link: https://tinyurl.com/WAMonthlyConnect
- Join our monthly Education & Outreach listserv if you haven’t already: https://tinyurl.com/WAEOListserv
- Add your updated contact information to this collaborative Google Sheet: https://tinyurl.com/WAHuddleList
Can you tell me more about this group?
Violence prevention is essential work, but as preventionists, we often get isolated from one another. In an effort to connect us all in our shared mission of ending violence before it starts, Women’s Advocates is offering monthly lunch hour connection events for those working in prevention, education, and outreach. We hope you’ll join us! [Prevention is a broad term that can refer to preventing domestic violence, dating violence, sexual violence, human trafficking, and other forms of oppression and harm]
These one-hour sessions will begin with introductions and a connection question. Participants will then be invited to stay in the large group, or choose from three themed breakout rooms for smaller discussions about important issues in the prevention field.
The open-house format allows participants to come and go as they please and as their schedule allows. All are welcome for any amount of time. Help us spread the word! No registration required.
Email email@example.com with any questions, concerns or suggestions!
For accessibility requests, such as ASL interpretation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org !