Volunteer Violence Prevention Educator
Are you interested in providing domestic violence awareness presentations in the community? Apply to be a Volunteer Violence Prevention Educator with Women’s Advocates, the first domestic violence shelter in the nation. We will provide training.
*Limited stipends are available for those who are passionate about this position, but cannot afford to fully volunteer their time.
- Volunteer will conduct at least two presentations in the community per month (has the
opportunity to do more if desired)
- Volunteer will attend mandatory monthly Education Team meetings (time will be decided using
- Volunteer will continue to learn about the subject matter (domestic violence) by following
Women’s Advocates social media and website updates as well as any resource sent by the
Education and Outreach Coordinator
- Complete official 10 hour training with Education and Outreach Coordinator
- Complete official on-boarding process with Education and Outreach Coordinator
- Complete a background check
- Must have access to a laptop
- Must have a driver’s license and access to your own vehicle and/or be able to efficiently navigate Metro Transit
Click here to view the official position description.
Volunteers Must Select a Specialty Track
- Health-Oriented Organizations (e.g. Women’s Clinics, Veterinarian Clinics, Dental Clinics,
- Corporate/Businesses/HR departments
- Customer service-based organizations (e.g. Restaurants, hair salons/barber shops)
- Schools (e.g. Middle school, high school, colleges, student groups)
- Housing (e.g. Property owners, housing advocates, workers who go into the home such as
- Criminal Justice (e.g. Law enforcement, department of correction workers, legal advocates)
Click here to view the full specialty track descriptions.
Applications for Spring 2020 are now closed. Check back Summer 2020 for a new application cycle.