Charitable Distribution

Beginning at age 70½ you must withdraw a certain amount of money from your Individual Retirement Account (IRA). This is called a Required Minimum Distribution. With a traditional IRA, your contributions were not taxed. Required Minimum Distributions are taxed.

But there is a way to lower your taxes on the RMD and also help Women’s Advocates. You can take some or all of your RMD and donate it directly to a charity through an IRA charitable distribution. An IRA charitable distribution is a way you can help continue our work and benefit this year. 401Ks must first be rolled over into an eligible IRA account to qualify for this benefit.

To make a donation to Women’s Advocates through a charitable distribution, contact your IRA administrator and make a request.

To discuss your IRA charitable distribution gift, or inform us of a gift you have already made, please contact Jacob Hustedt, Director of Development & Communications, at 612-638-7518 or


Organization Tax Information

Legal Name: Women’s Advocates, Inc.

Federal Tax ID: 23-7310701