Get Shelter, Talk to Someone
Chat live with our crisis resource advocate here.
Call our 24/7 Crisis Line: 651-227-8284.
Women’s Advocates’ crisis line is answered by trained advocates who provide support and referrals for individuals who are:
- in need of emergency shelter
- in a domestic abuse situation and don’t know what to do
- looking for general legal information or referrals
- looking for resources to find safe housing options
- in need of someone to talk to
Don’t have access to a telephone? You can reach our trained Crisis Resource Advocate at email@example.com. The option to text 911 is now available statewide in Minnesota and other states. You can also explore our Online Resource Hub with national and local resources.Explore our resource hub
Plan for Your Safety
Need safety resources while isolated in your home?
Take our questionnaire and create a safety plan that works for you.
These online resources are a helpful way to navigate the process of finding help and staying safe.Safety Tips
What is Domestic Violence?
Definitions, warning signs, and resources to learn about domestic violence and help others who may be experiencing it.
- Warning signs of abuse
- What is domestic violence?
- 6 Steps You Can Take to Break the Cycle of Relationship Abuse
- Mental Health and Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence in the LGBTQIA+ Community
- The Invisibility of Elder Abuse
- Healthy relationships
- How you can help victims of domestic abuse
- COVID-19 (coronavirus) specific resources