- This event has passed.
Advocacy Through a Queer Lens: Panel
Webinar Date: Wednesday, June 21
Webinar Time: 1:00PM – 2:30PM CST
Register here: Zoom
Cost: None! It is free! However, you can donate here.
In this 90-minute webinar, participants will:
- Meet a panel of domestic violence advocates who identify as members of the LGBTQ+ community
- Explore what it means to be LGBTQ+-identified in a highly-gendered field of practice
- Imagine a vision of domestic violence advocacy that respects the experiences of victim-survivors of all genders and sexualities- and upholds accountability for perpetrators.
We’re excited to host some incredible panelists who are making an impact in the field of domestic violence advocacy within the LGBTQ+ community:
- Sean Hayes: Program Coordinator for the Don’t Buy It Project and Co-Coordinator for the Men and Masc Folks Network
- Hayley Zacheis: Family Advocate at Esperanza United
- Seng Xiong: Queer Justice Coordinator at Transforming Generations
- Women’s Advocates Staff
You will have the opportunity to request a certificate of attendance. This event will be recorded and uploaded to our YouTube channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/womensadvocates
ASL Interpretation is available upon request. Please email our outreach team at email@example.com with any questions.