MCBW’s Action Day – Minnesota Leads the Way
Minnesota Coalition for Battered Women’s (MCBW) Action Day is set for Wednesday March 27th. This is a day for our programs and our communities to come together and say that Minnesota Leads the Way to effectively address domestic violence. The Minnesota legislature can lead by continuing funding for advocacy intervention and by creating new funding for prevention and for programming to transform perpetrator behavior. Full details
Join us on March 27, 2019 in the Rotunda of the Minnesota State Capitol and take a stand against domestic violence in Minnesota!
We believe in the power of survivors. We believe in the power of naming what is happening in our communities. We believe in listening to survivors, victims and their loved ones. We believe that each person has the power – and responsibility – to make change in our communities and our state.
If you can’t make it to Saint Paul, there will be actions happening in the following cities:
- Granite Falls, Yellow Medicine County Courthouse: Noon-1 PM
- Redwood Falls, Redwood Falls Public Library: Noon-1 PM
- Rochester, Olmstead Government Center Rotunda: Noon-1 PM
- Bemidji, Bemidji City Hall: Noon-1 PM
- Mankato, meet at Committee Against Domestic Abuse: 10:30 AM
- St Cloud, Stearns County Administrative Center: 8:15 AM
- Center City, Chisago County Courthouse: 11:30 AM-1:30 PM
As part of Action Day and to support our funding ask, there will be a postcard campaign at the events – signing postcards to Senators & Representatives asking them to support our funding ask.