- This event has passed.
Identities of Domestic Violence: A panel and discussion
Join Women’s Advocates in person or online for an educational panel and discussion.
Link to online feedback form survey: https://forms.gle/39DeXpUnFgcm1pod9
This event will inspire attendees to connect, share services, and equip each other with resources, contacts and knowledge from various and overlapping perspectives.
On October 21st from 9:30-11:30am CST at the Wilder Foundation at 451 Lexington Parkway N in Saint Paul, and broadcast live on Facebook, you’ll hear from panelists about domestic abuse and its far-reaching impacts on the personal and professional lives of the Minnesota community and beyond.
9:30 EVENT BEGINS
Hear from panelists that share perspectives of addressing domestic violence within specific and overlapping identities; including ethnicity, citizenship status, ability, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, religion/spirituality, and gender.
Attendees will break out into small discussion groups after a Q&A with the panelists.
11:30 END OF EVENT
Following the closing remarks, attendees may leave or visit the resource tables
8 COMMUNITY PANELISTS
- Dr. Sheila Sweeney, Psychotherapist & Founder of Peaces ‘n PuzSouls
- Rachel Kohler, Standpoint Staff Attorney
- Alison Canty, Women’s Advocates Day Programs Supervisor
- Lisa Sanders Szabo, YWCA THP Children’s Program Coordinator
- Nathalie Crowley, Family Tree Clinic Associate Executive Director
- Miski Abdulle, Director of Immigrant Women’s Advocacy Project at Pillsbury United
- Sharon, St. Paul Intervention Project
- Taylor Romero Hall, Community Advocacy and Training Specialist, OutFront MN Anti-Violence Program