Host a house party for Women’s Advocates
Do you know others who would like to support the safety and wellbeing of people fleeing imminent harm from domestic violence? Are you proud of our local history and role in the women’s safety movement as the nation’s first domestic violence shelter?
Consider hosting a gathering in your home or another comfortable setting so you and your friends can directly contribute to the safety, healing and empowerment of domestic violence survivors.
HOUSE PARTIES ARE A CRITICAL RESPONSE TO A RISING NEED
- Individual donors make up ONE HALF of annual donations for Women’s Advocates.
- To keep our programs operating at full speed (violence prevention education and outreach, children’s and women’s programming in our emergency shelter, and our post-shelter housing and safety advocacy), we need to ask for support in as many places as possible!
HOW HOUSE PARTIES WORK
- You invite people who are interested in women’s safety, enough for your home to accommodate comfortably.
- Home gatherings are usually scheduled for 2 hours including a 30 minute presentation and some social time.
- Guests will learn about domestic violence, power and control, Women’s Advocates’ work and volunteer-based history, and how to get involved to ensure women’s safety in our community.
- A Women’s Advocates staff member will bring information about the organization and how to advocate for women’s safety in our community.
- Guests will be asked to make a monetary contribution to Women’s Advocates.
- If you have a great location but can’t coordinate a home gathering, let us know and we’ll help you out with the details.