About Domestic Violence
Domestic violence can be defined as a pattern of behavior in any relationship that is used to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. Abuse is physical, sexual, emotional, economic or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. The links below offer definitions, warning signs and resources to learn about domestic violence and help others who may be experiencing it.
- What is domestic violence?
- Warning signs of abuse
- 6 Steps to Help Break the Cycle of Relationship Abuse
- Mental Health and Domestic Violence
- Domestic violence in the LGBTQIA+ Community
- Invisibility of Elder Abuse
- Healthy relationships
- Unhealthy relationships
- How you can help victims of domestic violence