Please read our update below. If you can support financially at this time, your donations will go directly to Women’s Advocates’ Aftercare program to support domestic violence survivor families and former Women’s Advocates’ residents with rent support. Donate HERE.
Our response to COVID-19 developments
Women’s Advocates is committed to the safety of our residents, aftercare families, staff, volunteers, and supporters. Women’s Advocates’ team will continue to monitor and follow public health advisories regarding COVID-19 (Coronavirus). In response to this rapidly changing situation, we will continue our regular shelter operations and advocacy for the families currently staying in our shelter. We will continue to operate our 24/7 crisis line, offering phone support and referrals to services for victim/survivors of domestic violence
We are implementing extra safety precautions when it comes to our meal service, shelter cleaning, staff schedules, group meetings, and shared spaces. Non-essential staff are working remotely when possible. We have suspended all volunteer activities, reevaluating every few weeks. We are limiting visitors to Women’s Advocates’ offices, reevaluating every few weeks.
Live chat online and safety questionnaire
Need safety resources while isolated in your home?
Take our questionnaire and find a safety plan that works for you.
Chat live with our crisis resource advocate here.
Urgent supply needs
For the time being, we are not allowing in-kind donation deliveries, except for the items below, which we are in great need of.
Needed items (all new):
- Latex or Rubber Gloves
- Face Masks, including home-made
- Oral or Forehead Thermometers
- Hand Sanitizer (60% or more alcohol content)
- All Purpose Cleaner
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Diapers for newborns and ages 4-6
- New women’s and children’s t-shirts
- New women’s leggings
If you can support with these items, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate. Unapproved donations will not be accepted.
How you can support…
At this time, our abilities to share our violence prevention education, resources, and presentations in-person are limited. We need community support to continue reaching people in need:
- Share our social media pages and posts
- Read through our crisis resources, safety resource hub, and much more throughout our website
- Share our information online and print off resources to have available at home or work
- Continue to learn about Family and Dating Violence with our NEW short yet informative online video series, click here to watch and learn more.
Organizations nationwide, including ours, may see a dip in philanthropic support for an unknown length of time. You can help:
- Head to our donate page to review the various ways you can support Women’s Advocates
- Start a Facebook or GoFundMe fundraising page and select Women’s Advocates as the beneficiary OR donate directly to us here
- Ask your employer to match your donations (email email@example.com) to coordinate
- Shop our Amazon wishlist (http://a.co/jkkHfvm) for cleaning items, clothing basics, and personal care/hygiene products to be directly shipped to us